The Indianapolis Escort Agency is shutting down.
In an announcement posted on its website on Wednesday, the agency said it was cutting all ties with the Indianapolis-based escorts company.
The decision comes amid a series of recent reports and public complaints that the company has been using women in sexually suggestive poses to gain access to customers.
In a recent investigation by the Indianapolis Star, one of the escorts interviewed by the paper claimed that the agency’s owner had used her as a sex slave.
In February, the Star revealed that the Indianapolis Escorting Agency was paid a reported $400,000 by a man named Andrew Miller, a former escort.
Miller is accused of allegedly forcing women to have sex with him in a hotel room.
The escort agency had previously announced it was closing its doors.
“It is with great sadness that we announce that we have discontinued all escort services in our city and in the greater Indianapolis area,” said Julie Lauer, executive director of the Indianapolis escorts agency.
The Indianapolis escort agency closed its doors on February 13, 2018.
Indianapolis, like other cities in the state, has a long history of sexual assault.
In 2016, the city reported more than 50 rapes.
More than 400 women reported being sexually assaulted in Indianapolis in 2017.
“Our company has taken a stand for our clients, our employees, our community and our city,” Lauer said in a statement.
“We will continue to stand by the women who have come forward and continue to work to make our city safer for all of our citizens.”
In 2016 and 2017, Indianapolis police arrested dozens of men in connection with sexual assaults.
The city’s attorney general has launched a probe into the escorting industry.
“As a result of the ongoing investigation, Indianapolis Police and other city officials have taken steps to review our business practices and to ensure that our business is safe for our employees and our customers,” Lauers statement said.